Cancer is a disease in which uncontrollable abnormal cells are divide and kill other blood tissues.
The most common types of cancer are:-
- PROSTATE CANCER– Prostate cancer is cancer that occurs in man’s prostate (walnut-sized gland) which contains seminal fluids that help in the nourishment and transferring of the sperms.
- BREAST CANCER– Cancer which forms on breast cells. It mainly occurs in women’s and rarely in men’s.
- BASAL CELL CANCER– a form of skin cancer that starts in basal cells.
- SKIN CANCER– skin cancer is one of the most severe kinds of cancer. It is also known as Melanoma.
- COLON CANCER– a colon or rectal cancer found on the lower end of the digestive tract.
- LUNG CANCER– Cancer that starts in the lungs and most commonly occurs in smokers.
- LEUKEMIA– also known as blood cancer that affects tissues that obstruct the body’s ability to combat infection.
- LYMPHOMA– also known as lymphatic cancer that affects our lymphatic system( body’s disease-fighting network).
Facts about cancer:-
- It is an uncontrolled growth of irregular cells in a body. These cells are termed as malignant cells or tumor cells.
- According to scientists, there are 200 more types of cancer.
- Anything which can cause a normal body cell to develop abnormally can be the cause of cancer.
- Chemicals, toxic compound exposures, ionizing radiation, pathogens, and some human genetics are mainly cancer-causing agents.
- Fatigue, weight loss, skin changes, pain, changes in bladder functioning, uncommon bleeding, obtain cough, change in voice, fever, lumps are common symptoms of a cancer patient which depend upon the type and it’s a stage.
- Biopsy results are determined to help in cancer staging, the higher the number the more aggressive and widespread the cancer is in the body.
- Treatment protocols differ according to the stage and type of cancer. Most of the protocols are designed to fit for the patient but some include surgery, chemotherapy ND radiation therapy.
- The prognosis of cancer depends on its type and staging.
- Cancer is not only confined to humans but also animals and other living organisms.
- When damaged cells are not destroyed but converted into cancer cells and break from their original place and travel through blood and lymph system and effect other organs where they can repeat their uncontrolled growth cycle.
- The process of cancer cells leaving one part and growing in another body part is termed as Metastatic cancer or Metastasis.
- The incidence of cancer and it’s types are effected by many factors such as; age, gender, race, environment, diet and sometimes genetics also.
Cancer symptoms are mainly rely on the type of cancer and the cancer cells where they have been located or spread.
An American Cancer Society have described many signs of cancer that may be present in a person:
- Changes in bladder and bowel habit’s.
- Sore throat that doesn’t heal properly.
- Unusual bleeding; mainly occurs when a patient coughs.
- Thickening and formation of lumps in breasts, testicles and other body parts.
- Problem in digestion and difficulty in swallowing.
- Change in size, color and shape of a wart(mole).
- Continuous cough(hoarseness).
- Loss in weight and appetite.
- Pain in bones and other body parts.
- Continuous vomiting.
- Infection thatare not healing with normal treatments.
There are many types of Cancer, some type of cancer causes the rapid cell growth while the other causes cells to grow and divide at a slower rate. There are 5 general categories of cancer are:
- CARCINOMA- This type of cancer are found in the tissues that cover’s internal organs(lungs, ovaries, colon, pancreas).
- SARCOMA- Cancer that begin in bone, cartilage, fat, muscle, blood vessels or other connective or supportive tissues.
- LEUKEMIA- Cancer that starts in blood forming tissues such as bone marrow which causes a large number of abnormal cells.
- LYMPHOMA & MYELOMA- Cancer that occurs in immune system.
- CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM CANCER- Cancer that begins in the brain and spinal cord tissues.
All of the above types of cancer are not MetastaticCancer because metastatic cancer cells develops from a cell type and are different from the above types. Which means the cells are present in a tissue from which a cancer cells are not originally produced.
There are many methods which are used to determine cancer are:
- Primary tumor size.
- Number and size of a tumor.
- Spreading of cancer cells into lymph nodes.
- Cell type and grade of tumor(how close the cells are going to resemble the normal tissue cells).
- Presence and absence of Metastasis.
There are two main methods from which we can know the stage of cancer present in a person are….
- TMN(for solid tumors)
- Stage grouping method(Roman Numerals)
Staging of a cancer is important because it helps the physician to provide an estimate of patients health and condition that involves patients care.
Treatment of cancer are based on it’s type and stage. Diagnosis and Treatment are both occur at the same time if the surgeon removes all the affected tissues from the patient.
Most of the treatment have more than one components, surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy or combination treatment (combination of more than two treatments).
- Chemotherapy is one of the most common treatment used for curing cancer. This treatment used certain drugs to stop and kills cancer cells from growing and spreading to other body parts.
- Screening Test is meant to detect cancer at an early stage.
- Immunotherapy is also known as biologic therapy.
- Radiation Therapy uses high doses radiation to shrink and kill cancer cells.
- Acupuncture &Acupressure also helps in reducing the pain that are caused during the treatment.
- Checkpoint Inhibitoris clinical trial for different cancer.
- Monoclonal Antibodies are the molecules that are designed to recognize and destroy cancer cells.
- Herbs like Ginger tea, peppermint tea, valerian roots, capsicum cream, broccoli, grapes, soybeans, vitamins, healthy diet and nutrition’shelps in cancer treatment.
- Exercises helps to control fatigue and anxiety.
- Stem Cell Transplant helps in removing cells(red and white blood cells) that chemotherapy and radiation therapy have destroyed.
The main objective of this article is to guide people about the general aspect of cancer.
if you have any Question or query related this article then please ask and share with us in our comment box. We will be happy to help you.