A computer mouse is a hand-held pointing device that monitors two-dimensional movement relative to a plane surface. It is difficult to work on a computer without a mouse. The mouse is an input device. It controls the computer’s cursor.
Physical Parts of Mouse:
- Circuit board
- Connection medium
- Button: The mouse has two buttons, one right and one left.
- Wheel: Its function is to scroll the page up and down on the computer.
- Circuit board: The circuit board sends the mouse instruction given by us to the computer.
- Connection medium: The wireless mouse is connected with the help of a USB receiver.
- Led: The bottom of the mouse is led, with the help of it the mouse cursor moves.
- Mechanical Mouse
- Optical Mouse
- Wireless Mouse
- Trackball Mouse
- Stylish Mouse
The mechanical mouse uses the ball for instruction, hence it is also called a ball mouse. It is no longer used.
The optical mouse uses LED instead of the ball, it is used more.
It is a wireless mouse; it requires a transmitter and receiver. The transmitter is located in the mouse itself, but to receive the RF, the RF receiver has to be installed on the computer.
The trackball has to be used with the thumb to move the cursor. It is a bit difficult to use, though it looks like a normal mouse and it is also less able to see the mouse.
It is like a stylish pen, it has all the buttons like a normal mouse. It is wireless.
- Clicking (Right Click, Left Click, single Click, Double Click, Triple click)
The cursor is highlighted by moving files to the computer screen.
Moving the mouse, moving the cursor over any item, and single-clicking it, the item is selected.
Scrolling is called to move the page or document up or down.
The mouse has two buttons, left and right buttons. Pressing them is called clicking.
- Right Click: Clicking the right button is called right-click.
- Left Click: Clicking the left button is called the left click.
- Single Click: If you click the left button once, it is called a single click.
- Double Click: If the left button is clicked twice simultaneously quickly it is called double click.
- Triple Click: By clicking the right button three times simultaneously, we can select the entire text, or document together, i.e. the work that we do with cntrl+a.